Tuesday, July 31, 2012

(ii) SENSES project methodology


Q: Is a project a process and a set of documents, or a process of change... fostering others to learn and grow as individuals and communities?

Developing a project plan to build capacity in digital literacies in staff in SENS has required me to articulate my beliefs about how learning, change or growth occurs, and to ask, what is my role in this?

My views on this are undergoing transformation: I have recently been immersing myself in understanding and participating in Personal Learning Networks, thanks mainly to Joyce Seitzinger  (thanks Joyce!). This has shifted the  view I held - that learning about social media and digital literacies occurs via a workshop, resource-based approach - to a new view that starts with my own participation in a Community of Practice (see Lave and Wenger), then inviting others into the process of joining a learning community and developing their own personal learning network.

Any thoughts or comments about how you have learned about and started using digital tools, or collaborating and working online? Please post your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment